This public service consultancy want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society.
They help public sector organisations deliver quality software to help citizens get more from public services. To do this they work alongside brilliant public servants to modernise technology and accelerate digital delivery.
What will I be doing?
As a data engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping public sector organisations become truly data-led. You’ll join the data team in its mission to get data knowledge and skills out of silos and embedded into delivery teams. You’ll help implement efficient data pipelines and storage. You’ll help build data platforms to enable predictive government services that make a positive impact on people in the UK.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- defining, shaping and perfecting data strategies in the central and local government
- helping public sector teams understand the value of their data, and make the most of it
- establishing yourself as a trusted advisor in data-driven approaches using public cloud services like AWS, Azure and GCP.
What are they looking for?
- Knowledge of data pipelines using native tooling in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or the Apache stack
- Experience building or improving data architectures or modern data platforms
- Programming experience in SQL, Python, or Java
- Experience with data storage technologies such as data lakes, data warehouses and traditional SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks or Hadoop
What’s in it for me?
They’re offering a salary of up to £85K and their culture is always evolving allowing for active feedback on their benefits package as they are scaling quickly, so are their benefits. Recently, they’ve introduced a flexible benefit platform that includes;
- Smart Tech scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Individual benefits (health care, pension plan etc)
- Loads of social events
- Flexible holiday, working hours and parental leave!
- Remote working
- Paid counselling
- Paid anniversary break and MORE!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.