I am looking for a Senior UX Designer for a company based in Cambridge who are happy for you to work on a remote-first basis with only 1-2 visits per month to their office (where you'll also get free breakfast and lunch amongst other great perks).
This company is the leading provider of software for businesses seeking to release features and changes quicker, add value faster, and do it all more reliably.
- Used by more than 800,000 individuals around the world, from small and medium-sized businesses to 91% of companies in the Fortune 100.
- Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, one of Europe’s fastest-growing technology hubs (and one of the most beautiful cities in the world).
- A mature but high-growth business, who have 400 colleagues in offices across UK, Germany, Australia etc – and they’re scaling rapidly!
- Use of research and insight (qualitative and quantitative) to inform/influence the product roadmap (problems) and determine a backlog of ideas to test.
- Owns and drives the end-to-end design process, where they are accountable for local design decisions, design deliverables and the resulting product experience.
- Drives and facilitates collaborative design activities necessary to explore, validate and shape new concepts/ideas.
- Works with the team to monitor the impact of their ideas and drive improvement in accordance with the team’s desired objectives.
- Champions a customer-centric approach to design and development, advocating for user/customer engagement and empathy.
- Supporting the growth and personal development of more junior members in the design team.
- Actively contribute to (and where appropriate lead) continuous improvement initiatives across the design practice.
- Evangelising and advocating for great Design (UX) (both internally and externally).
- Experience of working in a similar Product Design/UX role, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an end-to-end design process.
- Experience of working in cross-functional, agile teams where you’ve regularly collaborated with the likes of PMs, engineers and other Product Designers.
- Ability to plan, organise and drive all aspects of the design process, for a team, from concept through to release.
- An understanding of mixed research methods (generative, evaluative, qual and quant).
- The ability to connect business goals and product strategy to design decisions; balancing business and user needs.
- An inclusive, open and transparent approach to work.
- Initial screener call with a member of the design team – approx. 30 mins
- Portfolio review and questions – approx. 1.5 hrs
- ‘Onsite’ task (nothing to pre-prepare – it’s done within the interview) and questions with more of the team – approx. 2 hrs
You’ll receive a full benefits package as part of this role including:
- Life, critical illness and income protection cover
- Health and travel insurance
- Six week paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Enhanced parental leave
- Free breakfast and lunch in office