This role ticks multiple boxes for those at junior-mid level. Meaningful work (tick!) / Working with existing UX & Design team (tick!) / Further profile development (tick!) / Well known brand for the CV (tick!) / Friendly and professional culture (tick!). How many more ticks do you need!?!
If you’ve ever wanted to work for a company that provides a truly meaningful service, then this one’s for you. This company benefits children and schools all over the world. They are looking for a keen and collaborative UX/UI Designer to join their Design and Development team as they embark upon a major international platform upgrade. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the education of children and to gain experience in developing high impact functionality for multiple languages.
You’d also be working in conjunction with:
- Design & Development team
- Editorial team
- Production Manager
- Scrum Master
- International design and UX teams
They need a UX/UI Designer dedicated to;
- Architecting user interfaces that are clear, intuitive and consistent through a strong understanding of user interface (UI) principles
- Interpreting user needs, through a strong understanding of user experience (UX) principles, and proposing solutions to meet them through sketching, wireframes and prototypes
- Engaging learners through lively, age-appropriate and creative designs
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Architecting user-centric UI solutions through prototypes, wireframes and visual designs to enable users to achieve desired goals
- Designing flexible, template-orientated and data-driven components for large scale, media-rich and multilingual sites/services
- Interpreting feedback from user testing
- Designing for print, mobile and the responsive web
- Presenting ideas and justifications back to stakeholders
- Working closely with developers to ensure solutions are scalable, accessible and usable
- Bringing to bear knowledge of the latest technologies, frameworks and methodologies
- Promoting best UX and design practice
- Prior experience as UX/UI designer in previous position(s). Or as a more focussed UX designer with some capability of UI deliverables
- Prior development or coding experience would be a bonus
- Any experience designing for children or within education would also be a big bonus
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.