Midweight Product Designer needed to join a team at an exciting FinTech start-up in the beginning of their massive growth. Great opportunity to shape the product's identity and how it will develop for the future.
Our client are a high growth scale up disrupting a niche sector within the investments space. Following some huge success this year including launching a number of high profile IPO’s and securing over £50Million in Series B Funding, they are now investing heavily in the design team.
We’ve been retained to help build out the function with roles open spanning Lead to Mid Product Designers as well as a range of in-house Creative’s.
The Product Design team itself is already 5 people + the Head of Design ( + 3 in Creative) but will be growing to a total headcount of 15-20 very quickly.
- Work with the wider team to create solutions for both customer and business needs.
- Support with the creation of new features and tools for a unique fintech business.
- Create clickable prototypes for user testing and concept validation.
- Contribute to the development of a world class design system from the ground up.
- Create high fidelity designs for implementation.
- Liaise with developers and QA testers to ensure designs are built and delivered to design specifications.
- Provide development teams with support and guidance to help follow design standards and UX best practices.
- You’ll be able to work autonomously when necessary but thrive in a collaborative working environment where everyone is on a continuous learning curve.
- Experience designing for both web platforms and native app (android & iOS)
- Ability to design for web standards and browser/device capabilities and limitations
- Expert with Sketch/Craft and Invision.
- Strong with Adobe CS and prototyping software such as Prototpie.
- Strong technical design skills with a good eye for typography, grids and space.
- Portfolio featuring detailed examples of design work with accompanying rationale
- The ability to take ownership of projects and work in a self-directed yet collaborative manner
- The ability to articulate your design thinking and decision making
- Solid understanding of UX best practice and human behaviour
- Experience building design systems and UI toolkits
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.