Product Designer needed specifically focused on design systems and guidelines.
I have been asked to help recruit a new Product Designer for this retail brand. We are looking for someone who has experience in and would like to work focussed on Design Systems & Guidelines.
This is the largest design team I have come across. There are around 80 talented designers working there ranging from UX/UI/Service Design/Accessibility etc. It is a really collaborative in-house space where you have chance to learn from others and grow with the business. Everyone I have spoken to there has been very friendly and really passionate about working there, so I am pleased to help them find someone new for the team.
Product Designer | Design Systems | Up to £60k | Nation-Loved Retailer
- Identify, define and deliver guidance, components, patterns, resources and assets that deliver value to customers and colleagues
- Work alongside designers, UX copy and accessibility specialists to ensure the guidelines and design systems are constantly iterated based on collaboration, user testing and feedback
- Champion the voice of the user through your work, organising and conducting user research and user testing to inform concepts and validate designs, and bringing stakeholders on the same journey
- Consider the wider digital ecosystem when designing concepts and solutions to ensure they’re showing up consistently to customers across channels and platforms
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering colleagues to ensure guidelines are understood and followed, reviewing designs and providing feedback as required
- Inspire, coach and motivate junior members of the design community
- Proven experience working on or with guidelines and design systems – ideally for a big brand and across both digital and physical channels
- Be comfortable with creating guidelines, components and patterns for multiple channels and platforms including websites, apps, kiosks and other digital and non- digital touchpoints
- Adept at collaborating with and influencing stakeholders through a range of agile methods, including workshops – championing the voice of the customer whilst balancing business objectives
- Expert skills with Figma, Adobe and rapid prototyping tools
- Knowledge of best practices and emerging digital technologies and trends
- Experience in user-centred design and usability best practices
- Methods and practices of usability research and confidence in conducting research and interpreting results
Hybrid Working Policy
You will be required to go to the London office 2 days per week.
Want more details? Get in touch with your CV & portfolio!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.