A great opportunity to join a well respected agency, working on a variety of projects for well known brands. You'd be helping the Head of UX mentor more junior members of the existing UX team whilst also still being very hands-on yourself.
Yes, this agency has the usual buzz words and phrases attached… “award winning” and “innovative” but they’re also super big on creativity and support.
Also, like many agencies these days, they’re owned by a much larger agency group. However, they’ve always strived to maintain the independent feel of a smaller agency whilst having the backing of big brother.
They regularly take part in hackathons and believe that everyone on the team should be a practitioner, no matter how senior they are.
This agency do their best to maintain a jargon-free culture and relaxed office vibe. Connecting brands to users through innovative and distinctive products, services and experiences.
This role will entail;
- A mixture of hands-on and managerial responsibilities
- Working with all of their clients, from telco’s and drinks brands, through to fashion and charities
- Helping some of the more junior members of the team develop their UX and commercial skills
- Reporting to the Head of UX and able to help shoulder some of the responsibility
- End-to-end work for various products, services and experiences
What they’re looking for:
- Someone who is confident working autonomously and feels comfortable engaging with clients and stakeholders
- Need to be a people person, a good team player who can provide support to the team around them
- Wide and varied skill set that can be adapted to the client’s requirements
- Someone who is pro-active in the industry
- Previous agency experience
- Previous experience at Senior-Lead UX practitioner level
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.