Focusing on a dashboard in a way that meets user needs and is accessible.
Front End Developer
Duration of role
£650 per day plus £2,400 expenses (INSIDE IR35)
Any extra Clearance required
Paragraph about team/project the person is joining
You’d be working on a public sector dashboard that provides the public, ministers, senior officials, policy colleagues, and local operational decision-makers with trusted data and insight about the performance of their system. The Dashboard enables these users to understand the system and to make data-driven decisions about how to improve performance.
The Dashboard has been developed at pace, so they want to make sure that they’re in a sustainable position to continue to maintain and improve it in the long term. They want to explore how they can package user-tested front-end components in such a way that they can be easily used across other dashboards and data applications, and ensure that all components of the Dashboard are robust to change.
The upcoming work will also be focussed on how they present different types in the Dashboard in a way that meets user needs and is accessible.
Skills & experience required bullet points
● Experience with templating engines, such as Nunjucks or Jinja
● Experience of building services that meet WCAG accessibility requirements
● Experience with Python
● Experience with the GOV.UK Design System and of building services that meet the Service
● Experience with cloud platforms, ideally AWS
● Experience of building dashboards or data applications
● Experience of building and deploying containerised applications, ideally with Kubernetes
● Experience of building CI/CD workflows, ideally with GitHub Actions
● Experience of coaching others and building capability
1 stage interview process
Please note – you must have full working rights within the UK to apply for this position.