Looking for a Design Director (Head of UI) to join a well established experience design agency that combines the power of customer insight, UX and design with constant innovation and experimentation to help leading brands create remarkable customer experiences.
A well established experience design agency that combines the power of customer insight, UX and design with constant innovation and experimentation to help leading brands create remarkable customer experiences.
They help huge brands like Adidas, North Face and Timbaland to understand the unmet needs of their customers and transform the way they meet them through testing, personalisation and service innovation across all channels.
Now looking for a Design Director to join the team and work in partnership with their UX Director and Founders. You’ll be a thinker, maker and storyteller that uses design to bring ideas to life, specialising in User Interfaces and Visual craft.
You will be responsible for creating and applying strategic and design thinking across projects, while utilising new technologies to create unique experiences. We are looking for a mix of conceptual thinking, innovation, design craft and fearless leadership to create meaningful and memorable work.
- Mentor and inspire your team through the championing of design thinking across disciplines.
- unlocking opportunities to help them grow and deepen their craft.
- Lead multiple projects from concept to delivery.
- Collaborate with Experience Designers, Head of Development and Researchers.
- Work closely with project managers & our resource manager to schedule deadlines and resolve resource and delivery issues.
- Track and monitor progress on development and ensure design quality and consistency.
- Work closely with our Co-Founder to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision across all work.
- Build strong relationships with clients of all levels through effective communication and collaboration to aid in cementing creative partnerships.
- Be actively involved in new business conversations, helping to elevate design thinking and collaborate with the wider team to win new business.
- Support project managers to scope and define the project approach, deliverables, timelines and team requirements.
- Be an advocate for creative operations, constantly looking for ways to evolve our current thinking and processes and ensure that we’re delivering the highest quality work at all times while keeping to budgets and timelines.
- Previous experience of working in a digital agency across multiple clients is essential.
- A proven track record of working directly with clients across multiple industries.
- Thorough understanding of and experience in scalable design systems and their context in creating a cohesive overall experience.
- Highly proficient in industry standard design tools, including Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Outstanding storytelling, presentation and communication skills with the ability to clearly express and sell ideas to clients.
- Natural charisma, soft skills and experience mentoring a team of UI Designers.
- A passion for innovation and experimentation with technology.
- An eye for detail and an obsession with craft.
- Previous experience of rolling out design processes, taking into account business needs and project needs.
- 1st Stage – 30 Min screening call with TA
- 2nd Stage – Meet the UX Director and Founder of the business
- 3rd Stage – TBC (May not be required)