My client who are a large well-known charity is in the process of moving 3 of their content and information sites to a new platform and technology stack and this includes a new internal search product. They are now on the lookout for a Search Specialist to lead the setup and optimisation of the new internal search product within their intranet that is accessed by 10,000 + colleagues across the company.
The role & deliverables
This role will be to ensure the internal search results on the new search products are of the utmost relevance.
- Initial review of internal search configuration and content including relevancy and constraints
- Set up of the newly chosen search provider across all 3 sites including intranet
- Co-operative work with Content Designers to understand the current content model and how this feeds into the search engine and any constraints around this
- Optimisation of search results for relevancy
- Working alongside UR's and PM's to measure and optimise search performance across a new product - helping product teams understand this too
Skills & experience required:
- Experience in the setup and management of search and information retrieval for websites - ideally internally facing/intranets/ content-heavy sites
-Experience leading the optimisation and implementation of search products such as Algolia, Coveo, Swiftype*
- Solid and demonstratable Data Analysis experience - dealing with structured English language text
- The ability to understand and interpret the needs of search systems and relevance and ranking systems and their application to search features
- Ability to make practical recommendations to product teams in an agile software dev environment
If you have the above skills & experience, are comfortable with the key deliverables, and are available for a contract starting ASAP please get in touch with a full CV for a discussion in more detail!