Joining as the first Lead UX Designer, you'll join the Design team and have the scope of defining and leading the UX design of the software in the partnership alongside the Product Manager.
This company builds automation ecosystems to help improve lab efficiency, speed up science and help make the world a better place. Working on designing and building a range of new hardware and software products, end-to-end solutions in automation to help scientists get rid of manual, repetitive tasks.
As the first UX Designer, you’ll work alongside the Design team working on shaping customer program workflows and controlling automation solutions consisting of robotics and other third party equipment. The software you make enables non-technical experts to program robots through an easy platform. You will need to be able to influence your team, as well as stakeholders and other departments through your use of user-centric design – backed by data and research insights.
You’ll be the leading voice of product design, ensuring the use of software products comes with ease. Your work will directly influence how users design workflows and interact with the platform.
- Conducting customer research interviews and shadow customers using the platform.
- Design workflows and wireframes.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team.
- Carry out an audit of the current platform.
- Evangelise good design principles.
- Solid experience in Product Design (UX/UI) with a history of designing intuitive software solutions.
- Able to work on 2-3 projects at one time.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your understanding of usability heuristics and design principles.
- Experience working embedded within Agile Engineering teams.
- Prior experience with life science, automation or similar is a bonus.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.