A great opportunity to work on meaningful project work for a Government department. You'll be working on key government policies alongside a high-calibre UX team.
We currently have a Senior User Research contract with a Government department but often get more with similar skills/experience requirements. So please do get in touch if the below suit your experience and interest, even if not available for another month or two.
*Please read through the key experience requirements as the hiring managers are quite specific with what they want*
Start: ASAP (bearing in mind vetting and onboarding period of approx 3 weeks)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £500 per day, INSIDE IR35
Location: Remote – but you’ll still need to be based in the UK, for security clearance purposes
>>> We’re looking for out-and-out User Researchers rather than UX Designers who can do user research.
>>> Ideally you’ll also either have previous experience working directly for a government agency/department and/or have a degree level qualification within HCI or similar.
You’ll mainly be doing things like…
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services.
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing.
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Running co-design and research workshops internal stakeholders to explore goals, and share research findings and insights with project teams.
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
- Designing and running usability studies on paper and digital prototypes and live sites and devices to improve branded digital services and products – may include usability testing, card sorting exercises, ethnographic research, heuristic and expert reviews, and other research as identified.
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please apply ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.