This fast-growing medical platform is looking for a Senior Backend (Python) Engineer to join their team.
They specialize in providing healthcare for men, in a refined way that incorporates free online consultations as well as medical advice from licensed clinicians.
Joining the team at this stage on their journey means you will make a big impact on the ways they develop their platform.
What will I be doing?
Firstly, you’ll be a valuable asset to building a platform that helps men take better care of themselves, you will be working on the medical platform team, helping design, implement, maintain, scale and deploy the core of their business.
You’ll also be doing the following;
- Hands-on with coding, best practices whilst using appropriate tools and tech
- Design domain models and business flows to implement new product features of 3rd party integrations and automation
- Refactor code and automate end-to-end testing suites
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues to help them up to their games and become better engineers
- Lead technical projects by working closely with their designers, product managers, and marketers
- Work with all other parts of the business in clarifying requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting various technical approaches
Their tech stack includes;
- Python, Django, and PostgreSQL
- Git, GitHub, CircleCI for our code and continuous integration/deployment of Heroku and Cloudflare for their infrastructure
- Sentry, New Relic, and Skylight for monitoring
- Jira for keeping them on track
How do I get this job?
You’ll need strong backend engineering experience in web development, Python and Django are ideal. The following attributes would be useful;
- Strong experience in SQL, relational and non-relational databases. They use PostgreSQL and Redis but coming from other backgrounds is okay as long as you have strengths in this area
- Strong experience in designing and developing web APIs
- Strong experience in automated software testing
- Care deeply about systems health and maintainability. Good engineering habits and best practices are very important to them!
- Infrastructure automation and DevOps experience would be nice but not essential
- Knowing how to make trade-offs, when to incur technical debt and how to repay it
- Use your initiative and work independently, you feel comfortable designing software systems and solutions as well as mentoring others
What will I get for all this?
- Competitive salary of up to 100K
- Own a share of the business
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Choose your equipment – Mac or PC whatever boosts your productivity
- Continuous learning- Books, online subscriptions, and budget for workshops and conferences
- Flexible and remote-friendly working environment which allows you to work your best
- Chance to build a category-defining company that is making a big difference in people’s lives!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.