We are working with an Investment platform service that are looking for a Lead UI Designer/ Manager to join them 🚀
I’m working with a well-known investment platform who are helping people turn their money into something greater – whether they’re saving for a rainy day, growing money through investing, buying a home, or building a retirement fund.
As a Lead UI Designer/ Manager, your mission is to set the direction for UI Design for our client and inspire and guide the whole design team to deliver delightful experiences. You will manage a team of designers whom you will mentor and help to develop, raising the experience and visual design quality, getting teams working in a way that makes great products.
You will lead the Design system along with your team. You will be working with them to co-create and iterate on it. You’ll partner closely with engineering to ensure that components are implemented accurately.
Here’s what your day-to-day will involve:
- Hands-on design and ownership of a team of Product Designers. Being responsible for their output and all aspects of their development and growth. Ensuring all the team members are challenged and motivated.
- You’ll lead cross-team design and creative sharing sessions to help drive consistency of the brand experience and provide feedback regularly.
- You’ll have weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your line manager to encourage development and growth.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our brand is applied in a way that is intuitive and engaging. You’ll explore new creative approaches to projects and challenge what exists to drive impact.
- You’ll influence and inspire all designers across the organisation, advocating for polished, magical, intuitive, and accessible user experiences.
They are seeking someone who is in love with the design, you’ll understand aesthetics, and are passionate about a great user experience.
- You are a driven designer with years of experience in UI Design, both hands-on and working conceptually
- You lead by example, with 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance
- You are not aren’t afraid to speak your mind. We actively encourage you to challenge everything!
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers
- You have an interest in the FinTech industry and are passionate about helping people build wealth
What they can offer:
- Base Salary up to £100k + Shares and Benefits
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning, and super-ambitious business
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
4 Round Interview Stage
1. 30 Mins with (Talent team)
2. Task – There are two options. They can choose a take-home or a Whiteboarding session.
3. 90 Mins – 45Mins with Michelle, 45Mins with another Lead
4. Final – More culture fit but may bring in some leadership team members. TBC
If you are interested in this role, please apply today with your cv and portfolio!