Are you into fitness? If so, this could be the role for you as we are working with one of the UK’s most reputable & well-known health & well-being companies.
We are working with one of the UK’s most reputable & well-known gym & fitness operators in the UK & Europe. The company currently have around 1.8 million members across 500 gyms and currently holds a market leading position in the UK and across parts of Europe.
The company are focused on providing high quality services in the gym whilst also being affordable with no fixed contracts and being available 24/7.
They are the UK’s largest private gym operator, both by number of gyms and members and have recently opened sites globally and are planning to increase this as well.
As the UK’s most popular gym with over a million members, the company are on a journey to become a leading digital fitness brand to support the core business. Having brought the mobile app development in house the team have seen considerable growth with over 850,000 monthly users, and 4.8 rating on the App Store and 4.5 on Play Store.
They have an exciting roadmap ahead to deliver a digital content to support gym visits, along with the lofty goal of becoming the #1 gym app in the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Understanding business and or user problems, defining solutions and evaluating their success
- Organising and conducting user research to develop understanding, empathy and insight
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Develop wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to test and validate your hypothesis
- Communicate your process and design thinking through all stages to key business stakeholders and within your x-functional team
- Collaborate daily within your x-functional team of Designers, Product Managers, Developers and QAs to shape and deliver the vision
- Input into the Product Vision and Roadmap
- Directly mentor and nurture junior members of the team
- Help with scaling up the Design team across the business
- Keeping abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Monitoring and reporting on feedback to identify opportunities to improve the experience
Some Key Requirements for yourself:
- Relevant experience in Product Design, working within product companies or agencies
- Relevant experience in leading design teams
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative research demonstrating an ability to understand users and what drives them
- Strong portfolio of design of projects demonstrating end-to-end product discovery, design, delivery and iteration
- Analytical mind with an understanding of business priorities
- Ability to articulate your design thinking (the voice of the user) to business stakeholders
- Comfortability challenging and pushing back to business stakeholders
- Experience working with software e.g. Figma, Miro and Jira
- Interest in the health and fitness industry
This is a Hybrid role & you will be required in the office 3 days a week (London Based)
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.