Working with a software company amongst 14 other designers! Looking for a T-shaped designer, who's able to focus on UX but also get involved with the rest of the design process too.
This Cambridge-based firm, is the leading provider of software for businesses seeking to bring the benefits of DevOps to their database teams. Used by close to a million individuals around the world, from small and medium-sized businesses.
Design team consists of about 14 people and they also provide internships. The company itself has over 300 people.
They don’t have siloed design titles – designers can choose to work across all areas of the design spectrum including User Research. On the whole, they put a higher value on research, problem-solving and conceptual design (i.e. UX). They have a design system that allows them to leverage their detailed UI needs.
Design is very much included in product leadership there and they also have a low churn rate – people like to stay there for long periods of time. So they’ll be looking for someone who is equally committed too.
Very collaborative and big on cross functional teams. B2B doesn’t always have the glamour compared to B2C but the sexy bit comes from the complex work involved and so you’ll be shoulder to shoulder with some really great designers, working on projects with real depth not to mention masses of data and user research.
Great opportunity to get involved and have some real say in their processes. Also open to Mid-Seniors ready to make the step up to Senior!
You’ll be required to visit their Cambridge office 1-2 times per month. But only when needed. Not fixed dates for the sake of hitting the quota.
The title is Senior Product Designer but really they need someone more focussed on UX, and be T-shaped across all areas of design. They’ll look at someone who doesn’t have UI skill, whilst also happy to look at someone who’s 50/50 – so long as you know you’ll be going into a role which has more of a UX focus overall.
Some responsibilities include;
- Partnering with peers in Product Management and Technical Leadership to drive an approach and mindset towards continuous discovery.
- Use of research and insight (qualitative and quantitative) to inform/influence the product roadmap (problems) and determine a backlog of ideas (concepts) to test.
- Own and drive the end-to-end design process, where you are accountable for local design decisions, design deliverables and the resulting product experience.
- Works with the team to monitor the impact of their ideas (solutions) and drive improvement in accordance with the team’s desired objectives (outcomes).
- Champions a customer-centric approach to design and development, advocating for user/customer engagement and empathy.
- Supporting the growth and personal development of more junior members in the design team (including coaching and mentoring as appropriate).
- Experience of working in a similar Product Design/UX role, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space but not essential.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an end-to-end design process.
- Experience of working in cross-functional, agile teams where you’ve regularly collaborated with the likes of PMs, engineers and other Product Designers.
- Ability to plan, organise and drive all aspects of the design process, for a team, from concept through to release.
- An understanding of mixed research methods (generative, evaluative, qual and quant) to identify customer problems and evaluate the current (as-is) experience.
If this sounds of interest to you then please get in touch with your CV & portfolio ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.