Or call Will Bendall
Are you an experienced Java Developer, who wants to make a positive impact, and wants to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government?
Java Developer – 12 Months Contract
£700pd, Inside IR35
Hybrid – 2 days a week in Leeds Office
You will Obtain SC with this role
Let’s be clear about the impact of your work – better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically and positively transform the future of millions of people.
You must be ready to quickly get to work within an Agile, multidisciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
Day-to-day you will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Transform business requirements in to production ready code
· Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability
· Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department
· Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
· Assure there is a fit for purpose, robust automated test suite
· Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities
● Recent experience with Java 11 (or later).
● Excellent understanding of TDD and BDD.
● Experience with large microservice architectures.
● Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
● Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
It would also be desirable to have:
· Working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, mocking frameworks such as Mockito, and messaging platforms such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
· Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
· Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
· Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.