Food, Food, Food isn't this something we all love? Well, here is an opportunity to join one of the nation’s (and world’s) most loved & recognised food/restaurant brands.
The company are on a mission to create lasting happiness by making a difference to their people, customers and communities they operate in. Since the early 1990’s the company have grown from a single take away store into a national/global phenomenon and have over 450+ restaurants.
They pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for everyone who is involved in the company from founder to employees, to suppliers but most importantly their customers.
As they continue to grow, they are ensuring their digital outlook does as well so they can make sure that the experience remains relevant with modern-day customers.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Line manage a team of 4-5 designers.
- Work closely with the Design Manager, other Design Leads and Researcher in maintaining standards in team excellence.
- Actively lead the customer experience on the platform (rather than single/multiple projects) you own day to day, collaborating with the members of other product teams and stakeholders.
- Leading the solution of undefined problems spaces & key strategic initiatives.
- Be used to using research and data to validate your thinking within the design process.
- Mentor and develop your team. Knowing when to create space for learning or lead with clear direction.
- Evangelising the UXD team & design thinking in the organisation.
- Previous experience in a product role or evidence of strong cross transferable experience.
- Previous of experience in people/career management.
- Experience can be varied across industry, but some domain specific experience can help but is not necessary.
- Delivered multiple instances of successful work within product areas.
- An enthusiastic attitude with a team-first mentality and an incredible eye for detail and craft.
- Excellent knowledge of tools for design and delivery (e.g. Miro, Adobe CC, Figma, ProtoPie).
- Passionate about all things design with a good level of product thinking, market fit and customer experience.
- A strong negotiator, balancing the voice of the customer with business goals, pushing for the best experience possible.
- Able to ask for open feedback, listen and take appropriate actions to course correct.
- Inspiring. What can we learn from you as much as what can you learn from us.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.