Opportunity to join a Legal Tech Start-up working on greenfield projects
QA Engineer required for a technology start-up that is reinventing the startup law experience from the ground up. They have recently closed 3Million in seed funding from a range of international VC’s, as well as Techstars.
The QA Engineer will be joining an international team of technologists and lawyers (around 30 currently) who are passionate about start-ups getting their ‘legal business’ done the right way!
The role will sit between the product and engineering teams along with their current QA Engineer. The platform is a system with various moving parts and they require a hands-on manual tester who makes sure that everything happens as “programmed”, but also can develop automated regression testing to streamline their QA testing processes!
What does the role involve?
- Testing new features not just for bugs, but also for the usability factor
- Discovering edge cases and have an eye out for unusual user activity
- Providing feedback to the team when something is not clear to the user
- Contributing to the vision and to the future direction of the product, and also collaborate on a strategy on explorative projects and improvements to our existing workflows
- Working with the Product Owners, UX designer, Tech Lead, Software Engineers and other stakeholders to develop, document, improve and implement best practice SQA
- Introducing pragmatic test strategies, structure, quality success, test standards and test documentation
- 3 + years experience as a QA Engineer
- Experience with automated testing tools, especially Cypress
- Experience in testing high-performance web interfaces where load times matters
- Strong experience in hands-on manual testing web apps
- Good knowledge of how single-page web apps work, i.e. inspecting network requests and console output on errors
- Basic knowledge of APIs: what they are and how they work
- Exposure to testing responsive websites and across browsers.
- You will likely have experience with accessibility testing in compliance with the WCAG/ARIA guidelines
- You will likely have experience in common software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban
The position will pay up to £55,000 along with benefits including shares, Flexi / remote working, social events, and the opportunity to work with a talented/ fun team on various greenfield projects. While they are currently remote, the future will be to open a central London based office where the team can interact around two days a week.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.