Lead Product Designer needed to strengthen the design team alongside another Lead, as an end-to-end hands-on designer, with a knack for UI.
My client is an award-winning, FCA regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. They have completed over 130 transactions including for high profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K. Recently they also ran the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee and Cellular Goods with their new digital IPO product.
They completed $190m Series-C fundraising from leading global investors like SoftBank. They have exclusive commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext (the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone) with presence in over nine geographies.
My client is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s Fintech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
- Help lead a team of Product Designers focused on evolving flagship products in both B2C and B2B sectors.
- Work end to end through discovery (With support from the Research team) to delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to contribute towards strategic product and brand initiatives.
- Partner closely with Product, UX Research, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical requirements.
- Work with Product and Engineering to streamline discovery and delivery.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard.
- Work with Product and UX Research to identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones.
- Execute design decisions of the highest standard from UX to UI and delivery
- Manage the continuous evolution and improvement of the design system, adhering to best practice and accessibility principles.
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive and accessible across the business.
- Demonstrable experience designing complex commercial apps and platforms.
- Prior experience managing a team of designers.
- A portfolio featuring high quality and detailed case studies of product design outcomes.
- An understanding of designing for iOS, Android and web platforms.
- Strong understanding of UX principles human behaviour.
- Experience of managing the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to beautiful interfaces.
- Experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- The ability to think about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- Excellent visual design sense, even if not to production ready standard.
- Experience leading UI design processes.
- Experience utilising quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product strategy and design direction.