Lead Product Designer | Travel Brand | Up to £65,000 - £70,000 | Hybrid London
We are working with a travel brand that is going through a huge expansion with its mobile app as they are always seeking new ways to delight its customers and continue to grow its business. The app has over 20 million users and the client is looking to transform the experience when their customers are booking and managing their holidays.
They are looking for an experienced UX/ UI Design Lead to help define the future of how customers engage with our app for these core customer journeys, both practically researching and proposing next-generation designs, and also leading a high-performing design team in order to execute this vision.
The role will involve:
- Leading the design of key app features across marketing, search, book flow, booking management, and customer account features within the client’s App
- Provide line management and coaching to 4 UX/UI designers, supervising design activity and providing constructive guidance and feedback.
- Acting as a leading guardian of the look, feel, and usability of the company’s digital experiences
- Identify and address conflicts in the app experience and collaborate effectively across the teams to ensure a connected and consistent experience across users’ journeys
- Influence and collaborate directly with App Heads of Product to create a robust, future-proof design system that maximized reusability and is up to date with external iOS and Android capabilities.
- Pragmatic approach to design in a fast-paced, evolving mobile app environment
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing designers with different levels of experience to achieve potential
- You are a very experienced UX/UI Designer with a record of delivering challenging projects to a high standard within complex environments
- Significant experience in design leadership, and application of research and design processes to complex problems
- Experience leading Designers across multiple productised teams in matrixed organisations
- Ability to demonstrate a strong portfolio of design leadership work and a track record of delivering both creative design excellence and evidence of commercial results achieved
- Highly experienced in communicating high-level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes when required. You will have a naturally objective approach to communication.
Note: This role will involve 2 visits a week to the London office.
3-Stage Interview Process:
1. 30 min chat with another lead UX
2. 60-90 min with a task – with Group Director of Mobile
3. 20/30 min chat with Head of Product
If this sounds of interest to you and matches your experience then please get in touch ASAP with your CV to stand the best chance of getting an interview!