Who are Zebra People?
We’re the antithesis of a standard recruitment agency culture. We’re individually passionate about our clients and our candidates and truly strive to be experts in our field. We’re a relaxed and a fairly humble culture and enjoy celebrating both team and individual wins.
We started out as the first UX focused recruitment business in Europe and turned 20 this year! We provide a full digital offering for our clients – our teams cover UX & Research, Product Management, Tech and Design.
Our consultants expect the best from themselves – so we do need someone who can self-motivate and set their own goals to deliver against. We’ve worked hard to build a fantastic reputation, and it’s all important to us that whoever joins our team is just as passionate about doing that.
We don’t need or like to work to generic KPIs. Each individual is committed to delivering results and work closely with management to develop a plan to hit and maintain this. Our entire culture has been based on transparency and trust. With our clients – and importantly with each other.
We’re not a ‘numbers game’ agency. We’re about quality & integrity. We’re a business built on reputation and people want to deal with us because we are consultants who deliver and don’t oversell. We’re about working with the best talent & the best clients – not the highest margins.
We’re extremely flexible and genuinely care about our consultants. We understand that there are good weeks and bad ones – and we know how tough recruitment can be. We know how to have a good time and get that work takes up a huge chunk of life; building a workplace where people genuinely want to come each day is hugely important.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Some Zebra perks
- We all start at 10 am every Monday
- We have fully flexible working hours (core hours of 10-5)
- Friday drinks from 4 pm onwards
- We have quarterly away incentives (abroad and UK)
- We have non incentivised team builds once a quarter
- Every Christmas we ALL go away for 48 hours – last two trips have been to Hamburg and Prague
- We have an open plan sunlight filled office loft in a prime position on Hoxton Square
- You’ll get a full gym membership to a gym of your choice
Why you are important
Your role is fundamental to the growth of our company. Your expertise in recruiting for Creative, passion for the digital industry, exceptional service and ability to build long-lasting mutually beneficial relationships, give us an unprecedented advantage in the digital recruitment market and against our competitors.
You consistently deliver a high-level of service to all of our customers by displaying drive, determination and skill.
You will be responsible for
- Acting as one of Zebra People’s specialist recruiters offering the best service in the industry to clients and candidates and staying abreast with business and industry trends
- Achieving your monthly targets through consistent delivery on every aspect of 360 degree recruitment cycle
- Winning new, thrilling business through networking events, following up on leads and other means (this is one of the areas where you will be using your initiative and pro-active attitude) and opening up opportunities to other specialism within Zebra People
- Positioning Zebra People as recruitment consultancy of choice through building successful, long-lasting professional relationships with clients and candidates
- Identifying clients’ needs, taking briefs and writing high-spec job ads to attract top talent
- Sourcing top candidates and building ever expanding talent pool using traditional as well as innovative methods
- Shortlisting CVs in line with job requests. Ensuring CVs are to the highest standards and reflective of client requests, maintaining CVs to interviews ratio of 2:1
- Registering and interviewing candidates using correct tools and processes, ensuring legal compliance and best working practices are applied
- Maintaining regular communication with both clients and candidates, sharing the updates and knowledge with your colleagues
- You’ll have proven track record of recruitment experience within the digital sector
- You’ll have the willingness to continually develop professionally and personally and have the ability to apply the industry knowledge in day-to-day dealings with clients and candidates
- You’ll be fired up with passion for developing strong, long-lasting work relationships
- You’ll be fearless, brave and tenacious and not afraid to challenge and ask questions
- You’ll be highly driven to deliver on your commitments
You know you’re on fire when
- Your consultancy skills in recruiting get us recognised as No1 recruitment agency within your specialist area
- At all times you have available candidates (contract and permanent) on standby ready to send to a client when brief comes
- People turn to you for professional advice and assistance with recruitment projects, specifically gauging the market, salary levels, availability of candidates etc.
- Clients buy into you by virtue of your excellent pool of candidates the depth of knowledge about their skills and experience including details that aren’t on the CV that you have uncovered because you know your market place and are an excellent interviewer
- You spark an excitement in your clients and candidates by sharing intelligent insight about them
- You see all your roles to completion, ensuring that all parties are kept abreast of developments, and your determination means the majority of them end up with a placement