Working on a Dashboard that provides the public, Ministers, senior officials, policy colleagues, and local operational decision makers in the public sector with trusted data and insight about the performance within their system.
Role: Senior Frontend Developer
Length: 6-month contract (possibility to extend)
Location: UK Hybrid – 2 days a week in any of their UK office locations (this contract is not just for London based but all of UK, they have offices in most Cities)
Rate: £650pd (Inside IR35).
Visa Sponsorship: Not available
Working on a Dashboard that provides the public, Ministers, senior officials, policy colleagues, and local operational decision makers in the public sector with trusted data and insight about the performance within their system. The Dashboard enables these users to understand the system and to make data-driven decisions about how to improve performance.
The Dashboard has been developed at pace, so they want to make sure that they’re in a sustainable position to continue to maintain and improve it in the long term. They want to explore how they can package user-tested front-end components in such a way that they can be easily used across other dashboards and data applications, and ensure that all components of the Dashboard are robust to change.
The upcoming work will also be focussed on how they present new types in the Dashboard in a way that meets user needs and is accessible.
● Experience of client-side and server-side rendering
● Experience of building services that meet WCAG accessibility requirements
● Understanding of backend development, ideally with Python
● Experience with React
● Experience with the GOV Design System and of building services that meet the Service Standard
● Experience with cloud platforms, ideally AWS
● Experience of building dashboards or data applications
● Experience of building and deploying containerised applications, ideally with Kubernetes
● Experience of building CI/CD workflows, ideally with GitHub Actions
1 stage, 1 hour interview process