24 month contract (possible extension of 12 months)
£550 PD, Inside IR35
Hybrid, 2 days a week in Office
A widely recognised government body, utilised daily by millions, is looking for a Senior Software Developer to help build out a new bespoke development project. The selected candidate will be working on an exciting expansion project that will expand the services offered by an estimated 13% each day.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be working with a small team to extend an existing Azure application which is responsible for the backbone of the services they offer. Collaborating closely with the project team, including a Delivery Lead, Product Owners, internal and external Subject Matter Experts, and various stakeholders. In delivering this comprehensive solution, you’ll seamlessly integrate bespoke data sources written by 3rd parties and work with them if needed. You’ll also:
- Coordinate, conduct, or actively participate in meetings and delivery events, following team-defined processes to ensure the quality and efficiency of the team’s work.
- Champion the principles and standards of Technology and Data, ensuring that the delivered work is of quality, comprehensive, robust, and highly performant.
- Take responsibility for development plans, forecasts, and budgetary estimates to facilitate consistent and timely project planning.
- Generate technical documentation to support governance processes such as architecture and change review.
- Offer development expertise and insights to facilitate the effective evaluation of new technologies.
- Rectify software application defects following agreed-upon developer operations practices.
What experience do I need?
- Experience in developing, supporting, and maintaining data-centric, complex, and computation-intensive Azure end-user web applications used by both internal and external subject matter experts.
- Mastery in developing, supporting, and maintaining primarily Microsoft Azure-based APIs catering to a diverse array of large-scale, high-performance, transactional systems.
- Advanced skills in Azure development, DevOps, and deployment methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated track record of proactively delivering business-critical, high-profile systems with tight, rapid iterations.
- Proven experience of outstanding teamwork and excellent collaboration with a broad spectrum of delivery teams.
Experience in the following is also desirable:
CI/CD Pipelines, C# .Net Framework, AngularJS, PowerShell, Microsoft SQL Server, XML, Agile Scrum, Azure Cloud, Azure Active Directory B2C, Microsoft Identity Platform.