Experienced UX & UI Designer needed to help define the future of how customers engage with their app for core customer journeys, both practically researching and proposing next generation designs, but also leading a high performing design team in order to execute this vision.
A much loved and reputable travel brand who seem to also have an amazing company culture and are exceptionally focused on creating a work environment that their employees love and thrive in.
Current team is made up of 30 UX & UI designers plus a user research team. The team works in all markets so you get to collaborate with people from all over too.
In this case you’d be joining their Mobile hub and work on their Mobile App specifically.
1 day a week required in their Central London office.
Sponsorship is not being offered.
Whilst reporting to the Director of Mobile, you will will be;
- Leading the design of key app features across marketing, search, bookflow, booking management and customer account features within the company App.
- Delivering hands-on design for the most complex and challenging design requirements – working at conceptual level to shape customer experiences as well as down into detailed elements. This will typically be on high profile or complex strategic projects.
- Understand the impact of changes on the overall app customer experience, addressing these challenges and creating compelling proposals that gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Influence and collaborate directly with App Heads of Product to create a robust, future proof design system that maximised reusability and is up to date with external iOS and Android capabilities.
Design Leadership: (note, given the salary, they are also open to Seniors ready for a step-up)
- Provide line management and coaching to 4 UX/UI designers, supervising design activity and providing constructive guidance and feedback.
- Proactively seek out customer pain points in the existing app landscape, or missed opportunities based on competitor and comparator apps, and utilise these to build the design roadmap for your team.
- Strong experience working within a mobile app focussed environment/projects.
- Ability to handle multiple, varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker whilst still at expert level with UX and UI design deliverables.
- Experience of design leadership, and application of research and design processes to complex problems.
- Track record of collaborating with business stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes and meet customer expectations.
- Deep practical knowledge of agile principles and processes.
If this sounds like you, then please apply ASAP with your CV and portfolio to stand the best chance of getting an interview!