Salary Survey 2020 – UX findings
I am very pleased to announce to that our Zebra People Digital Salary Survey 2019/2020 is finally here!
It has been a real labour of love producing this survey and delving into the fascinating responses from clients and candidates.
The demand for UX Designers is still booming as ever, however it was interesting to see how the uncertainty of both IR35 and Brexit has had to play in the market.
Key points from the UX/User Research results
- There’s been a decline in the number of contractors who have increased their pay rate since last year – with that said, almost half of those who did increase, did by 10-20%. (see below)
- The Finance sector still rules the roost in terms of paying the highest salaries. However, it was the Technology sector that reported the highest number of pay rises over the course of the year, demonstrating they are keen to compete for the best talent.
- Uncertainty of IR35 and Brexit is encouraging candidates to move from contract to permanent positions.
- Both UX and User Research respondents flagged working on more interesting and challenging projects as highly important when seeking a new role, with pay rise coming close second.
- With permanent User Research clients not able to compete with equivalent contract day rates, they can however offer other benefits such as training, career development and softer skills such as mentoring and management which seem enough to lure contractors into permanent roles.
For those that are interested in reading the full survey the full survey is now available:
Whether you’re a hiring manager or a candidate looking to take the next step in your career, I really hope you can take away some useful points from this document and put them to good use. I’d love to hear your feedback and what you expect from 2020 so please do get in touch. Thanks all!