We’re the antithesis of a standard recruitment agency culture. We’re individually passionate about our clients and our candidates and truly strive to be experts in our field. We’re a relaxed and a fairly humble culture and enjoy celebrating both team and individual wins.
We started out as the first UX focused recruitment business in Europe and turned 20 this year! We provide a full digital offering for our clients – our teams cover UX & Research, Product Management, Tech and Design.
Our consultants expect the best from themselves – so we do need someone who can self-motivate and set their own goals to deliver against. We’ve worked hard to build a fantastic reputation, and it’s all important to us that whoever joins our team is just as passionate about doing that.
We don’t need or like to work to generic KPIs. Each individual is committed to delivering results and work closely with management to develop a plan to hit and maintain this. Our entire culture has been based on transparency and trust. With our clients – and importantly with each other.
We’re not a ‘numbers game’ agency. We’re about quality & integrity. We’re a business built on reputation and people want to deal with us because we are consultants who deliver and don’t oversell. We’re about working with the best talent & the best clients – not the highest margins.
We’re extremely flexible and genuinely care about our consultants. We understand that there are good weeks and bad ones – and we know how tough recruitment can be. We know how to have a good time and get that work takes up a huge chunk of life; building a workplace where people genuinely want to come each day is hugely important.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
· We all start at 10 am every Monday
· We have fully flexible working hours (core hours of 10-5)
· Friday drinks from 4 pm onwards
· We have quarterly away incentives (abroad and UK)
· We have non incentivised team builds once a quarter
· Every Christmas we ALL go away for 48 hours – last two trips have been to Hamburg and Prague
· We have an open plan sunlight filled office loft in a prime position on Hoxton Square
· You’ll get a full gym membership to a gym of your choice
You’ll be working on a well-established warm desk with very strong client relationships to continue to build.
From day one you will have a number of live roles to work with – working alongside our Senior Consultant to service these positions. We’d like to see you bring new ideas for business development to the team from the outset. You’ll split your time between resourcing for current roles and bringing in new ones. We will 100% support you in doing this, and don’t expect miracles but consistent and smart activity.
You’ll have live Product Management briefs to work on – truly specialising in one area and making it your own. We see huge potential in the Product Management space and would love a consultant to come in and join the team.
Clients for the PM desk vary from digital agencies, government, brands and exciting start-ups so there is a great variety which attracts a brilliant cross section of candidates. You’ll be working on a very warm desk and have an extensive CRM to utilise. There are a huge number of previous relationships that are there for the taking with massive potential.
· You want to be known for being the best in your industry – we mean this by giving the best advice, writing industry specific blogs, being consultative and extremely knowledgeable in your field.
· You’ve got a solid recruitment track record under your belt. You’re able to deliver in a 360 role – from winning your own new briefs through to filling them and winning repeat business.
· You’ll need to have digital / tech / IT or marketing recruitment experience. Ideally you have recruited for digital Product Managers / Delivery Managers / Project Managers / Agile Coaches / Scrum Masters.
· We would still love to chat with you if you haven’t necessarily recruited for Product Management before, if this is an area you are passionate about. We do see digital, tech, marketing or IT recruitment experience as crucial.
· Have a track record of winning and building new client relationships whilst being able to maintain existing ones.
· Can demonstrate Business Development successes.
· Are commercially aware and know what it takes to make a desk profitable.
· Are motivated and personally driven. You set your own goals and do what it takes to work towards them. You don’t give up easily.
· Like working autonomously, but understand the importance of keeping management up to date with your activity, pipeline and any areas needed for support.
· Recruit with quality in mind – you are thorough in your approach and always see recruitment campaigns through to fruition.
· Have exciting ideas around new ways of doing thing – you enjoy process improvement and ideas sharing. You like being creative.
· Value customer service of the utmost importance to both clients and candidates
· Are gently persistent – you don’t give up, but remain commercially aware. You know when to stop and when to review / push back.
· You enjoy a role that allows you to be out meeting candidates, clients and going to events and workshops as much as possible.
· You have integrity – personally and professionally.
· You seek smart solutions over giving excuses.
· You are accountable and understand how to build trust with management and your colleagues.
· You behave in a way that means people naturally look up to you.
· Are proactive in nature.
· See yourself as ambitious with a drive to progress.