The company have been running for a while now, but they still very much have a start-up vibe where they are growing organically but building and implementing processes as they grow. The culture there is great - everyone is collaborative and pitches in. They all believe in the mission and product and it’s all about finding solutions to problems, not just identifying problems for others to solve. There’s a real buzz in the office and everyone genuinely gets along.
Working in a company with bold ambitions, and the calibre of talent required to deliver them, this role offers a unique opportunity to define and build the future platforms needed to elevate the client onto the global stage.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive category of music making devices that are being created - a network of hardware and software, platform and developer products that will revolutionise how music is made.
What you will be doing:
● Lead front-end development on the React/Node stack
● Work with stakeholders across the company to create and deploy new platform features
● Work closely with developers and designers to ensure and improve coherence, consistency and general excellence across the codebase and websites
● Be actively involved in developing the back-end infrastructure and integrations that keep the websites running
● Be a mentor to others through code reviews, encouragement and pair programming
● Significant experience using CSS to build responsive layouts, animations and dynamic interactions
● A passion for delivering high quality user experiences
● Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
● An excellent eye for detail and consistency
● Experience integrating with e-commerce platforms and RESTful APIs
● Considerable experience in a professional web development environment
● An ability to work autonomously and independently
● Excellent communication skills, flawless written English
● Superb and demonstrable time-management skills and the ability to work independently
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
● Experience with React.js and node.js
● Previous experience with Contentful, Shopify, Webpack
● Competent with SQL and noSQL databases
● Knowledge and/or experience with Web audio
● Familiarity with authentication systems (JWT, OAuth)
This is a unique opportunity to join a great company on a contract basis that usually only hire permanent staff. You will be joining one of the best working environments out there which includes a free cooked lunch everyday!