If you’re the type of developer that enjoys the creative aspect of development and has a keen eye for design, this one might take your fancy. The company offer a good degree of technical freedom and autonomy in the role, as well as the chance to work across both design and development in a fully user-focused environment.
The company supports some of the world’s most recognizable brands, helping solve the business challenges of each. As a 3rd party insurance company, they deal with anything from expensive car repairs to unexpected expenses to misplaced phones.
They are very big on innovation, introducing new ideas to the marketplace that turn insight into competitive advantage. They follow 4 key core values within the company:
- Common Sense – Implementing simple, straightforward solutions.
- Common Decency – Act with integrity and treat others with respect, courtesy, and kindness.
- Uncommon Thinking – Think outside the box, seek diverse perspectives and thrive on challenge.
- Uncommon Results – Focus on actionable solutions that deliver measurable results.
You’ll get to work across all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through to design and then development to implementation. To give you an idea, here are a few of the key responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into user flows, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to high quality intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and development related decisions related to existing and new functionality and features.
Ideally, you’re comfortable taking part in every bit of the creative process, from generating ideas and concepts, to designing and building them using simple solutions to complex problems. You’ll need to be independent and well organised, enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for a project, and consistently deliver high quality work in both design and development.
- Extensive UX/UI Developer experience
- Strong skills of strategic creative thinking, user-centric design process/principles, verbal and written communication, and teamwork.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies.
Any experience with API services, testing, debugging or Jira would be a huge bonus!
Sounds interesting? Click apply or get in touch with Adam – Zebra People.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.