Despite the current circumstances, our teams remain here to support you.
We're available by phone, email or via our website so get in touch, stay connected and let's get safely back to work together.
UX Designer with experience in conversation interface design, needed by well known publisher to utilise voice technology to deepen their understanding and engagement with their journalists and readers.
6 month contract.
A really interesting project where you’ll be helping readers to be empowered to ask the questions that matter to them, and expect satisfying, relevant and reliable answers in return.
This publisher plans to take audio journalism far beyond a passive ‘press play and listen’ scenario, to a world where users can meaningfully interact with their stories.
Looking for someone with experience in natural language models and applying cognitive technologies to overcome problems and create opportunities for smart audio experiences.
You’ll be part of a small dedicated multidisciplinary team tasked with exploring the possibilities of smart speakers and journalism. Other key roles on the team include product, editorial and engineering
Articulating, showcasing and delivering the art of good conversation and the science of the engineering relevant to journalism on the Google Home and Assistant platforms.
You will design, develop and iterate a cognitive conversational architecture that allows their audience access the publisher’s journalism via Google Home and Assistant. They need you to be able to identify solutions that you can take to implementation and help them establish conversation standards with integrity.
You will need;
– Experience developing conversation flows
– Crafting and executing training (intents, entities, dialogue) for Bots, ideally gained within an Agile environment.
– You don’t need to have been a journalist. You may have experience in script-writing, or writing dialogue/conversations as a UXer or within the gaming industry or perhaps in designing voice conversational interfaces.
– Voice recognition (IVR) platforms
– VoiceXML and similar technologies
– Experience with Data Analytics or Semantic Data
– Any knowledge of APIs, micro-services architecture, JS, node.js, JSON or visualisation tools a bonus.
– Knowledge and understanding of journalism
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!