UX Designer wanted for a product-focused team. Helping build A.I. powered solutions for legal professionals and external business founders, working with complex user journeys and non-linear systems & workflows.
Our client is an innovator in the legal tech sector, best described as being a checklist for all start-ups. They’re an essential “P.A.” for founders; helping them prepare to raise funding from a legal standpoint, connecting them with venture capital investments and providing assistance with admin and paperwork that comes with starting a business.
They were founded by specialised legal professionals who are experienced and highly respected within the legal sector. Their vision is to help dreamers set up their businesses from the start and help with the costly (both with time and money) yet unavoidable legal process, in order to give start-ups the best fighting chance they can get to succeed both as an idea as well as a profitable, functioning business.
The role will sit within a product-focused team building solutions for legal professionals and external business founders based around a system & workflows process.
- Providing UX expertise within an agile product team
- Empathise user problems and leverage user research to capture and understand real-world user needs
- An inquisitive, natural problem solver with the ability to find simple solutions to complex problems
- An advocate of user-centred design and understands the importance of qualitative and quantitative research
- Work from the inception of a project, through to testing and delivery phase.
- Create and manage fundamental UX deliverables: user journeys, task flows, site mapping, concepts and wireframes.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools for rapid, iterative prototyping.
Able to get into the mindset of the user and what they’d do – driving the needs of the user. The ideal candidate will have a UCD approach to design.
Experience in using a wide range of research and analytical data sources to identify and optimise our user journeys.
Ability to design a solution using whiteboard work with the team and develop it into a full user-testable wireframe, along with user journey flows.
- Excellent UX skills across the UCD spectrum, working experience and advocate of evidence-based design decision-making through research and observation
- Depth Interviews
- User Workgroups
- Moderated and Un-Moderated testing
- Online and Offline surveys
- Online Analytics’ (GA, HotJar or similar)
- Experience in large scale component design system-led build
- Experience designing large scale responsive sites
- Experience working in a Lean / Agile methodology
- A collaborative and pragmatic approach to their work
- Experience communicating with diverse stakeholders
- Advanced skills in Axure
- Experience working with design systems/pattern libraries (this role will be working collaboratively with the designers, researchers and engineers to help evolve our current libraries).
- Work with developers and stakeholders to provide details about your research and design concepts.
- Understanding technology and being able to reframe and challenge technological constraints.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.