An opportunity to play a key part within a small but massively beneficial service. Helping parents seek the right childcare at affordable prices.
This start-up has been setup by a mum who had first-hand experience in seeing how hard and expensive it can be to find the right childcare in London. She became determined to make things easier and more affordable for families as well as providing a platform for child carers to be trained and introduced also.
Now the business she’s setup is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. Making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare
You don’t have to be a parent to understand how beneficial this type of company is to thousands of people, both from a consumer perspective but also for job seekers within the childcare sector.
Their Tech-team is small but growing and you’d be reporting to a Head of Product who has an impressive background within UX.
There’s also some scope for remote working, although not full-time.
They’re looking for someone with a strong background in UX, who can run great research sessions and turn your findings into simple but effective user journeys. Someone who doesn’t just know how to solve the problem but thinks about whether it’s a problem worth solving.
They’re continuously improving their product, building key features that will develop the product in a big way. Instead of an endless product road-map, they run short development cycles to test assumptions and make smart decisions quickly.
You’ll work closely with engineers and operations to find and build creative solutions for business problems and make sure you’re delivering the most value to their customers.
The sorts of problems you’ll be tasked with solving are;
– How do they help families and carers communicate better
– How do they ensure they’re making perfect family/carer matches (like digital dating matching algorithms)
– What are the biggest frustrations and anxieties of would-be carers
– What does “good child development” look like and how can they deliver that using a combination of humans and technology
Due to their current size, these guys are looking for someone who can work autonomously. Although you’ll be working with a Head of Product and a bunch of engineers, you’ll need to be able to take the reigns with certain projects and rely on your own experience.
They’re also looking for someone geared more towards Research if you haven’t already guessed. Although this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be an out and out User Researcher, so long as you’re confident and commercially experienced with the following;
– Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment with rapid prototyping and iterative development
– Experience with testing and analysis of users (both qualitative and quantitative) in order to gain insight and inform design
– An analytical mind that uses empirical evidence as well as opinions to back up your arguments and fight your cause
– The confidence to influence, share and collaborate early on in the design process
– An understanding of the pros and cons of Lean
Bonus points if you can;
– Ideate, sketch, wireframe, prototype, design and sometimes build your solutions
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!