This agency has a long-standing UX team as well a very supportive Head of UX. They strive to create the best digital communications in the world and have been working with some of their clients for many years as a result. A really great opportunity for someone at junior-mid level!
These days so many agencies slap ‘UX’ on as one of their core offerings to clients when discussing processes, when in reality they hire a freelancer in for the projects that require it! However, this digital agency are the real deal and have had a UX team for as long as I can remember. And their Head of UX has been there a long old time too. User Research is also as much a part of their process as Design. They even have their own lab!
They have about 150 people in the London office and also have offices across Europe.
The agency work in Agile and are big believers in collaboration and direct exposure to clients i.e. you’ll be talking directly to clients rather than having to go through an account manager every time.
They’re also big believers in a healthy work/life balance. Remote working is offered and can be agreed in advance i.e. start late, finish early or working from home once a week. You won’t see many people there past 5pm!
The role combines research, design and validation. Utilising appropriate techniques and tools, you’ll ensure that: they have relevant insight into the client’s customers; the designs and layouts reflect these needs; the designs have been validated with end users.
So, you will;
- Perform site evaluations, competitive site audits and desk research
- Conduct user interviews and surveys to assess needs, behaviours and pain points
- Participate in workshops to understand the client’s objectives
- Develop personas and user journeys
- Produce recommendations from user research relevant to the project
- Develop forward-thinking, relevant IA: sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and functional specifications across different interfaces and devices
- Plan and run appropriate user tests throughout the product development life-cycle
- Advise and assist with test audience recruitment
- Develop testing scenarios/scripts
- Document session outputs
You will have;
- Previous experience working in a UX role on a range of projects, including websites or digital services
- Demonstrable passion for user centred design and the need to base design on research
- Confidence and the ability to use industry standard software such as Axure and Sketch
- Belief that a sketch pad and Sharpie are the best starting point
- Awareness and interest in technology trends and what this means for end users
- Love for working as part of a team, collaborating with data, creative and technology experts to educate and learn from
- Confidence in your role and passion for your work with the ability to present findings to clients in a convincing and persuasive manner
- Ability to organise and work to tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Experience of expressing, justifying and presenting ideas and concepts
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.