Manager or Senior UI Designer ready to step up and manage the redesign of a major retail brand, across various channels. Redefining the shopping experience in the digital age. You'll shape the customer experience across multiple touchpoints, working together with Experience, Service, Store Concept Designers and more to transform the company into a retail pioneer of the 21st century.
The John Lewis Partnership is the UK’s largest employee-owned business and the parent
company of two cherished retail brands – John Lewis and Waitrose. They began trading over 150 years ago in 1864 on London’s Oxford Street.
Over 100 years ago the founder, John Spedan Lewis, began an experiment by including staff in decision making on how the business should be run, with the understanding that ownership equals personal commitment to progress and success, which has characterised the company it is today.
By joining the Partnership, you’ll be joining a business that seeks to make a difference, both to its Partners and to the lives of everyone. They celebrate diversity, cherish their customers’ loyalty and value Partner opinion, making it a truly democratic company to be a part of.
The team you’ll be joining is 47-strong, made up of Service, UX and UI Designers. The next phase of growth is adding a total of 10 new partners to this team, across UX and UI.
- You’ll be working in an agile, cross-functional team.
- You’ll design both short term tests & prototypes and scale up to robust, long-term solutions.
- You’ll create pixel perfect, beautiful digital experiences.
- You’ll be working with the development team, realising designs (including interactive states and motion/animation)
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Build relationships authentically & proactively interacting with everyone.
- Analytical of different types of complex data, objectively, and able to see patterns to establish key relevant facts.
- Digitally aware, hungry and enthusiastic to learn.
- Innovative and creative thinker, able to generate well-informed ideas that fit in with future direction and business objectives.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.