This role is initially for 6 months with a global publishing company based in Charring Cross.
- Get mastery over the current applications, services and tools of the team
- Continue the feature development, whilst maintaining a thorough balance between build quality and speed of delivery
- Leading efforts to plan, conceptualise, communicate, distribute and work together on solutions to problems in a team setting
- Researching and implementing best-fit technologies and solutions to problems
- Contributing to our inclusive and collaborative work culture
- Building code to ship features continuously
- Enable and mentor the team in making tricky technical decisions
- Doing your best, and asking for help if you need it
- Thinking about all the parts of engineering including non-functional requirements
- Iterating on process and tech towards continuous improvement
- Communicating, collaborating and working productively with non-technical staff
- Mentoring your colleagues and be mentored by everyone in return
- Choosing the things you care about changing, and changing them
- Commercial experience using Node and React
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Circle Ci, Jenkins, and best practices
- Familiarity with testing and software development best practices, e.g. pair-programming, TDD
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Know how and when to be Lean
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Lead by example using and evangelising best practices
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.