Government department looking for a contract Service Designer working on a service used by millions across the country.
this Government department are looking for a Service Designer to join a multi-disciplinary team working alongside other UX Designers, Front End Developers, User Researchers and Software Engineers.
This will be a 12 month contract (inside IR35) starting as soon as possible.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
- You’ll engage with policy experts, product owners and product teams to design end-to-end journeys for both online and offline channels.
- Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
- Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
- Work across digital and non-digital channels
- Focus on making working software rather than creating artifacts to describe software
- Understand the technical side of design
Experience required will include:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
- Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
- A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
- Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
- A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Define elements – layout, design patterns, controls and actions
If interested, please apply now or contact us on 0207 729 4771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org