Government department looking for a contract Service Designer working on a service used by millions across the country.
this Government department are looking for a Service Designer to join a multi-disciplinary team working alongside other UX Designers, Front End Developers, User Researchers and Software Engineers.
This will be a 12 month contract (inside IR35) starting as soon as possible.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
- You’ll engage with policy experts, product owners and product teams to design end-to-end journeys for both online and offline channels.
- Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
- Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
- Work across digital and non-digital channels
- Focus on making working software rather than creating artifacts to describe software
- Understand the technical side of design
Experience required will include:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
- Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
- A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
- Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
- A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Define elements – layout, design patterns, controls and actions
If interested, please apply now or contact us on 0207 729 4771 or email [email protected]
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.