Here you'll play a crucial role in helping further advocate and establish research processes within the team, working on a range of consumer-facing projects alongside 2 other Researchers and a bunch of Product Designers.
This client has over 6 million active customers and ship over 17 million of their products per year. They’re one of the UK’s largest online retailers and are investing in their product teams and the latest technologies. They have a world-class eCommerce and software development platform with a new design system at the core, which will be used across the customer experience.
They’re adding another User Researcher to their team, which will make the total Product & Experience team 11-strong once the other hires are completed. You’ll work alongside 2 other Researchers, a bunch of Product Designers and a Head of Product Design.
Ideally, you’ll already be at Senior level but they’ll also consider Mid-Senior level UX Researchers, ready to step-up.
You’ll help shape the UX Research vision and evolve the way they conduct research across all their customer touch points. You will play a vital role in creating exciting new products that will make it easy and enjoyable for their customers to order and customise their purchases.
Other responsibilities include:
- Driving creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the product and features they create.
- Managing and prioritising your own backlog and conducting research to assist with their success.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design in the continuing development of customer principles to be used across the product team as an anchor point to what the wider team stands for.
- Being involved in critical business projects and act not only as a service to business requests, but as an influencer in business focus.
- Impart your wisdom and mentor members of the Product Research/Design team.
You will have;
- Solid experience planning and running customer interviews and qualitative usability studies.
- Experience in designing and running remote testing on a platform such as Usertesting or Whatusersdo.
- Understand the interplay between business requirements, product strategy and user experience.
- You’re comfortable taking the lead and thinking outside the box when developing new ways of learning from their customers.
- Experience mentoring, and helping team members discover the power of research.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ideally some previous eCommerce experience also.
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio (if you have one) through ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.