You'll be heading up the User Research team with at least 5 other User Researchers reporting to you. You'll also be part of a much wider UX team within the organisation, working alongside UX Design Managers and report to an overall Experience Director.
You’ll be part of a large UX team at an exciting time to come on board, as you’ll be leading User Research whilst the company make strives to take their UX-maturity to the next level. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact on how people access and enjoy using their service across the UK, both through the web and the app.
The company itself has got to be one of the most well known within their sector and on top of a great team they also offer some notable benefits including bonuses, flexible working (in ‘normal’ non/post Covid times), pension etc – typical of what you’d expect from a big organisation but also one that has paid attention to the culture past just having a beer fridge and a ping pong table!
You would also get a 10% bonus, half based on company performance and half based on personal performance.
Their office is based in London but they don’t expect anyone to work from there until it’s safe – but the plan will eventually be for employees to return, albeit on a flexible basis (2-3 days in the office per week) – please bare in mind if you’re not currently living in London.
Sponsorship is not being offered currently either.
Given the seniority of the role and the current User Researchers who would report to you, this is really more of a hands-off, strategic and leadership role but will still expect you to come from a practitioner background.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Driving & defining their UX research strategy
- Driving customer focus within the company by using insight to highlight opportunities
- Responsibility for the research program’s execution and success
- Evolve product, business and design goals into research plans, applying appropriate research methods
- Creation of proposals including budget & resource
- Working with product, design, and business to identify and prioritise research opportunities
- Driving ad-hoc research to answer strategic questions, with recommendations
- Setting up and a managing external research partnerships
- Developing the in-house research team capabilities
- Implementing research tools to support discovery and evaluative research
- Managing the in-house research facility and participant recruitment partnership
They will be looking for someone with;
- Wealth of experience in UX Research
- Experience leading qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Ability to drive insights that result in a deeper understanding of the customer and improve the experience
- A strong leader, with experience working with in-house & agencies
- Experience presenting research result and recommendations to audiences ranging in seniorities
Bonus points if you have;
- Worked for a regulated company previously
- Worked for a marketplace company or projects previously
If this sounds of interest then please do send your CV through ASAP for review.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.