Despite the current circumstances, our teams remain here to support you.
We're available by phone, email or via our website so get in touch, stay connected and let's get safely back to work together.
We look after multiple contract positions for various government bodies up and down the country. Contracts tend to be 6-12 months and you'll work alongside a high-calibre team. Rates are inside IR35.
Whether you’re interested in working on projects that will measure budget implications for policies that will affect us all, or working on digitising various processes linked to the government framework, then there’s no doubt a contract role with one of the government bodies is your best bet for an enjoyable contract and some impressive pedigree for your CV. Either way, the work you will be doing will generally have that much more depth and meaning behind it compared to many others out there.
Although this job advert is generic for the sake of covering off multiple vacancies in one, that’s certainly not the same tactic the hiring managers have in mind for candidates. Due to the size of specialist teams available to them, if they want a User (UX) Researcher or a Service Designer, then they’re going to expect you to have a good amount of properly focussed User Research or Service Design experience under your belt already as a practitioner – not one for the hybrids! In some cases they may also require you to have previous experience working on government contracts, but not all the time.
Aside from previous User (UX) Research/Service Design experience, they will generally also look for you to;
● be comfortable working through uncertainty, planning and leading discoveries
● want to help the government transform what it delivers outcomes to users
● be comfortable designing prototypes to test policy, not just services and digital products
● be adept at working in an agile environment, creating new services as part of a cross-disciplinary delivery team
● able to set direction – making decisions, evaluating impact and contributing to strategy
● have great communication skills and be confident to participate and engage with senior stakeholders and users
● You’ll be enthusiastic about building capability in others and contributing to the department’s communities
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio (if you have one) to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!