Join a Global FS organisation and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of products that includes Web, Mobile and SaaS for both B2C and B2B.
Based in the East Midlands, the client is a multi-national financial services provider. They have a huge portfolio of products and services, catering to a wide range of financial interests for both consumer and business markets. However, it’s in the Design & Digital studio that you will find the real innovation taking place. Consisting of strategy, delivery, design and deployment departments, the team ensures that all of their digital products are user centered, commercially viable and innovation led.
The digital design team delivers award-winning and captivating experiences across their Web and Mobile channels. Based in a state-of-the-art campus (But now working remotely 90% of the time), the studio is a rare space where you can hone and refine your design skills in a fun, forward-thinking and hugely supportive environment. You’ll also be working in a multi-disciplinary team which presents a great opportunity to further develop your skills in other areas of the product design process.
Working within a team of UX, UI, Researchers, UX copy and Product Owners you’ll play a key role in designing pixel perfect UI for their digital products. This team now covers almost every product in the businesses porfolio so you will have a chance to work on a wide variety of products. This includes Mobile Apps, Responsive Sites and SaaS tools for both B2B and B2C.
Currently the team are operating fully remotely. This will remain a 90% remote role post COVID with 2 – 4 days a month in the office.
As a Senior UI Designer you will:
- Craft first-class online experiences for our customers
- Work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds, guiding them through an approach to develop design concepts at varying stages in the design process
- Produce solutions, user interfaces, interactions and visual assets, for a variety of devices, delivering a positive user experience
- Create user interface,visual designs and interactions across platforms and products.
- Work as part of a team to understand customer needs, business objectives and outcomes, and contribute to the proposition and wider user experience.
- Help ensure designs meet accessibility standards.
- Ensure you are up to date on current patterns, best practices and trends in order to deliver fresh, relevant and industry leading designs.
- Consistently push for and share a customer-centric approach.
- Undertake training and knowledge sharing activities with team members and wider stakeholders.
What you need:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your past experience designing for both web and mobile.
- Have used and/or created design systems.
- Able to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team (researchers, UX/experience designers, copywriters, developers, solution architects, BAs)
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the wider UX process, user-centred design, and design thinking. (However, you are not required to have hands on UX experience
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles such as colour, typography, branding, layout, illustration and data visualisation.
- Proficient with tools such as Sketch and/or Principle (Or own prototyping tools of choice) to effectively deliver high quality design solutions.
Click ‘Apply’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.