A very successful Financial Analytics Company is currently looking for a Senior UI Designer to join the team in Central London on a permanent basis. If you're looking for an opportunity that allows you to work on something different, in a casual and almost agency like environment, then click here for more info.
Our client is an extremely successful Financial Analytics Company providing modern technology solutions to Asset Owners, Consultants, Asset Managers and Insurers to help grow and improve their business. They are currently offering customers two key services, the first is a software used by large financial services consultancies and the second is direct reporting they offer to some of the UK’s largest banks including HSBC, Natwest and Vanguard.
Being a corporate brand working with a lot of data, you’d expect them to work in a very quiet/suited and booted environment – they are the complete opposite to this. They are very casual and have an agency like environment. They have a very big social aspect to their culture and enjoy lunches and nights out as a team. They offer flexible working with many of them currently working at least 1 day a week from home.
They are looking for a Senior UI Designer (with some UX experience) to work withing a small UX Design team supporting a number of agile development teams creating and shaping digital products for their growing product portfolio.
You will be responsible for producing UI/UX deliverables and will need a firm understanding of data visualisation and user centred design processes, a solid grounding in Agile and lean development processes, and will need to provide evidence of these skills for this role.
- Designing concepts across multi-platforms
- Conveying design concepts to various internal and external audiences
- Ability to design & define static and interactive Data Visualisation solutions
- Plan and run user research, prototype and concept testing, and usability testing.
- Understand key principles of cognitive psychology, interaction design and information architecture
- Understanding audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts that match and meet business needs and objectives
- Sharing knowledge and helping to guide and mentor more junior members of the team
- Experience working with and defining design systems
- Defining and mapping out user journeys and workflows
- Confident use of sketches and story boarding to communicate ideas and solutions
- Contributes to the development of best practice methods and approaches
They have a very close knit team who all actively encourage the development of eachother and are always looking for new ways to do things, they are looking for a like-minded individual who is passionate about design.
- 5+ years experience in digital interface design across multiple industries and multiple platforms
- Experience working on data visualisation projects
- Solid core design skills in relation to layout, grids, typography, colour, scale, composition, tone & iconography
- Experience with the testing of design work to improve based on learnings
- Passion for planning and running user research
- A passion for clean, functional and outstanding design
- Proficient with Sketch & Zeplin
- A solid period of time working in a client-side UX environment
- HCI/Interaction Design or similar degree, or equivalent experience
If this sounds like something you could be interested in please get in touch asap!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.