A Leading Travel Brand is currently looking for a Senior UI Designer to join their London team on a permanent basis. You will be helping to lead the visual design across all their digital touch-points.
This iconic travel brand, based in Central London, are currently looking to build out their permanent Design team by hiring a Senior UI Designer to help manage the visual design across all digital touch- points including Mobile, Web, On Board Entertainment Systems and more.
This travel brand has completely changed the way people can travel from the UK to several destinations with complete ease. They now have links that connect to over 100 different destinations and are looking for a passionate UI Designer to join their team.
This opportunity gives you the chance to really leave your mark on the clients future of digital which will be used on a global scale.
What will the role entail?
- You will develop original and exciting creative concepts which will bring simplicity and accessibility to complex interactive design problems.
- Execute strong visual screen designs and intuitive user interfaces for responsive web, native mobile apps, and other standalone screens.
- Champion the principles of user-centred design, and know how to apply them in a commercial environment
- Evolve the clients current design system ensuring it is on brand and actively supports the underlying UX
- Communicate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, site maps, mock-ups and prototypes, and justify the rationale behind design decisions
- Exploit the full potential of design elements and detailing (through micro-interactions, animation, state transitions, motion) to aid the usability and elevate the customer experience.
- Keep ahead of new ideas in visual / interactive design to share with the team and incorporate into the design solution.
- Work closely with UX and other cross-functional teams and collaborate with Product owners / stakeholders across the business
- Co-design with UX researchers and run user-testing sessions on your final designs
- Participate in critique sessions aimed at improving the overall quality and user experience of the project.
- Recruit UI and other specialist freelancers where necessary, directing their activity and support them on the delivery.
- Mentor the junior members of the design team.
The ideal candidate will need have to the following experience;
- A minimum of 5 years experience designing in a commercial environment
- A strong passion for all things design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to rationalise design decisions with stakeholders and non-technical colleagues
- To be a motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who has original ideas and can come up with fresh angles on design challenges.
- An expert in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, InVision tools and other prototyping software
- Enthusiasm to learn new design technologies and methodologies
- Proven experience of using data and insights to inform design decision
If this sounds exciting to you and you have the desired skill-set, please apply now!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.