An established retail brand, well-known for stocking Britain's fridges, is looking for a talented UI Designer with experience creating native apps in iOS and Android, who can communicate with cross-functional teams and bring a unique eye to an integral product.
Our client is a British multinational groceries and general merchandise retailer, and is the third-largest retailer in the world measured by gross revenues. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
They pride themselves on providing both low-cost, high-value, as well as premium products, in order to reach a diverse range of social groups.
Our client is committed to inclusion, diversity and eco-initiatives, and make provisions for such in all of their stores. They are one of the oldest retailers in the UK and have stayed relevant by staying true to their brand but also changing with the times, hence the focus on digital transformation.
We are looking for a talented senior UI designer to help support our client’s online groceries platform. You’ll be working on a diverse set of products and features, collaborating with UX designers, product and engineering to deliver beautifully crafters solutions.
We are a user experience design team who create relevant, inclusive products to improve our customers’ lives and achieve business goals.
The team supports all of our client’s customers and store colleagues, whether it’s designing the next generation of self-service tills, optimising store processes, or supporting our drive to offer customers a truly omni-channel experience.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return your work will make a tangible impact on millions of customers, and we offer an amazingly talented team, great work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to define and implement innovative solutions for service and product visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final handoff.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design solutions.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development.
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders.
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines.
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance.
- Work with the app engineering teams to understand the technical requirements to deliver best customer experience.
- Document new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides.
- Enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence.
- Set an example for quality and effectiveness of solutions and challenge other team members to maintain a similar high bar.
- Exceptional UI design skills (including interaction design) demonstrated with a strong portfolio.
- At least 3 years experience in native app design for iOS and Android.
- Mastery of Sketch, including creating complex design libraries.
- Ability to present your designs and articulate your rationale to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience using Zeplin to collaborate with engineers.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Understanding of user-centred design principles.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.