Our client is an innovative applications development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
Based in London at Level39 Fintech hub in Canary Wharf, they have an expert team of blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive start-ups and corporate clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors.
They’re now building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and deliver cutting-edge blockchain based software for innovative startup and corporate clients.
- Work with a full-stack development team to build a combined web/mobile app based on Ruby.
- Write clean, tested, maintainable and efficient Ruby code.
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, refactoring and code standards.
- Working within a great agile team.
Required skills & experience:
- Ruby (Rails, Sinatra, Sequel, Roda)
- RSpec testing & continuous integration tools
- Cloud computing platforms: Azure, AWS
- MySQL, Redis other SQL or NoSQL databases
- Distributed ledgers, decentralized applications, blockchain platforms (Bitcoin, Ethereum (Parity, Solidity) & Hyperledger Fabric) knowledge
- Git, Github (Github flow)
- Linux command line knowledge (Bash programming)
- HTML, CSS
- CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap, Materialize, Bulma.io
Additional desirable experience:
- Experience developing blockchain applications using Bitcoin, Ethereum (Parity, Solidity) & Hyperledger Fabric
- Experience working with project management tools, such as Slack, Trello etc
- DevOps tools: Docker or Ansible, Kubernetes
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.