Another FinTech start-up role but these guys are well on their way to becoming a bank, yet still young and small enough to feel like you're going to make a big impact whilst enjoying a flexible environment.
These guys are a FinTech app for money transfers with various features – kind of like Monzo but not a bank (yet) and generally aimed at the youth market.
They started off as a team of technology, marketing, legal and banking professionals. Since then they’ve adopted a lean and agile approach. Running experiments to validate ideas early on, collaborating closely on design and development to build customer feedback into their process.
They’re about 30 people strong – with plans to double by the end of this year – mainly through the growth of the Product Team.
Current Product Team setup;
8x Developers (and growing)
2x Product Designers (1 is more UX-focussed, whilst the other is more UI-focussed)
2x Product Managers
The plan is to have 4 product designers by the end of this year (1 for each product team eventually). Recruitment for this should kick off around May once their series A funding is completed and they’re well on their way to becoming a bank.
They have a very flat, hands-on structure with one of the founders ultimately being the one the designers report to but eventually the plan to hire a Director of Product instead.
- Partner with the founders, product managers, developers, other designers and researchers to build products that delight their customers.
- Be involved at every step of the product design and development process, from brainstorming and testing broad ideas to ensuring design quality through to launch.
- Discover customer problems and test hypotheses by running experiments and building interactive prototypes.
- Design effective and beautiful UX flows and UI visuals that delight customers across iOS, Android and the web.
- Influence, iterate and improve the shape of the product with research and data while considering technical constraints and business goals.
- Collaborate with designers across the teams to raise the quality bar and continuously improve their design process, principles and tooling.
- Support the hiring process, along with mentoring and inspiring others to build an awareness of design thinking across all parts of the business.
- Have a great portfolio that showcases your expertise within UX methodologies with UI and Visual deliverables also. Really looking for end-to-end design.
- Have the ability to take projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.) as well as interactive prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Principle, Framer, Origami).
- You are comfortable about sharing and presenting your ideas and learnings both internally and externally (blog posts, speaking opportunities and events).
- You’re passionate about accessibility and inclusive design.
- You enjoy working in a diverse, inclusive environment and care about supporting this culture.
- Will definitely want to see app work (iOS and Android) in portfolios also. THIS IS FUNDAMENTAL!
- They also want to see work that shows you’ve actually helped drive a product forward and not just worked on optimisation. They want to see individual creativity/innovation as well as passion – not just going through the motions.
If this sounds of interest and suits your experience, then please send your CV and portfolio to me ASAP to stand the best chance of getting an interview!