Senior Product Designer with several years UX/UI experience, to co-lead the product design system for a London-based insurance company.
Our client is a pioneer in pay-as-you-go car insurance and has since expanded to also sell travel insurance, raising £15 million in Series A funding.
Before they started in 2016, the insurance industry worked on outdated and impersonal processes, meaning people were treated unfairly – they set out to change that.
Since then, they’ve sold over 3.5 million policies and supported over 500,000 customers.
They’re a world-class team of over 100 people, passionate about solving their customers’ problems – everyone in every area of the business, including their CEO, spends a few hours a month on customer support.
They are building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences so it’s a super exciting time to join!
As a designer on their team, your role will include:
- Being a hands-on creator, co-leading the product design discipline and championing their design systems.
- Building on what they’ve done already, embedding better processes for increasing adoption of and contribution to design systems from beginning to end.
- Work alongside the Head of Experience across their product portfolio.
- Work with their research team to test your work regularly, use data to help make decisions and make sure you’re always meeting users’ needs.
- Several years’ experience creating easy-to-understand UX/UI for apps and web.
- Keen understanding of the latest design patterns and trends.
- Able to simplify complex concepts and products (like insurance or finance)
- High level of attention to detail, whilst always keeping in mind the wider context of the product experience and marketing message.
- Can comfortably work and collaborate with a cross-discipline team.
- Expert with Figma (BONUS)
- Prior startup experience (BONUS)
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.