Are you looking for a role that allows you to design products that have a real social impact?
How about fighting against the £Billions lost to identity fraud every year in the UK?
Read on to find out more...
This tech startup are on a mission to become the leading digital identification platform and are finding innovative and secure ways for users to share personal information. They are building products that have never been attempted before and are directly targeting the £billions in fraud that occur every year as well as providing identification services to those who need it most – namely, the homeless.
Every product is built in-house from the ground up to ensure its security and are purpose built so that even the business cannot access the data stored within them. They currently have 10 unique applications for their core product and this list is constantly growing as they tackle new areas of the market.
The design team currently has a total headcount of 10 but plans for this to grow considerably in the next 12 months.
You will join one of 3 cross-functional product teams consisting of a Product Owner, Product Designers, Researchers, and Developers (Total headcount around 20 people right now) and have the opportunity to work across any one of their 10 products for Web, Mobile and other digital touch points. Initially, you will work directly on one of their most successful applications to date which is a B2B2C web based app.
SOME OF THE GOALS YOU WILL HELP THEM TACKLE:
- Facilitate friction-less on-boarding.
- Enable users to sign documents with rich, engaging features.
- Enable users to verify who they are online.
- Improving and embedding the design discipline into the company’s culture.
- Looking for new opportunities for business growth and coming up with product ideas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRODUCT DESIGNER:
- You will work end to end on a suite of innovative products.
- You will work closely with Brand, Product, Customer Service, and Research teams to establish empathy with their users worldwide.
- You will work closely with a team of Product Owners, to help shape the road-map with insights you gathered, tested and validated.
- You will be part of a small but growing design team of ten with whom you will collaborate with, embed and mature the design discipline within the business.
- You will work closely with developers to ensure consistency and quality throughout the entire product range.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED:
- Interaction design – You are confident tackling complicated interaction problems, and can come up with simple, usable and creative solutions.
- Visual skills – You have an eye for aesthetics, you care about delivering a visually pleasing experience on top of a usable one.
- User research – You have been involved in research before, be it qualitative or quantitative.
- Collaboration – You understand that great design doesn’t happen in a vacuum, you involve your stakeholders early and often. You are experienced with (or at least up for) running workshops, brainstorms and various design sessions.
- Ownership – You take initiative, and are not waiting for others to make things happen and you keep track of your own time, managing and prioritising your own work.
- Design Systems – You have experience using or building a design system to keep consistency across products.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT:
- Autonomy – Although you’ll be part of a wider, cross functional team, there is lots of autonomy across the entire business. This means you’re work will have a much larger impact on products and you’ll have a great sense of ownership.
- Social impact – The opportunity to work on products that are making a huge difference to people’s lives in many ways. Whether providing an invaluable service, or improving efficiency and the time taken to do many identity verification tasks.
- Collaboration – An extremely collaborative environment with the company all pushing towards a unified goal.
- Work/life balance – Flexibility is encouraged!
- Salary up to £65,000 DOE (12 Month FTC)
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Additional 5 days paid leave for personal development and training.
- Up to £2000 annual training and conference budget.
- Brand new offices with all the amenities.
- Employee stock program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Monthly social events.
- Dress down office.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.