This business are on a journey to really step-up their products experiences and are building out their UX & Design team even more to do so. You'll join one of the squads within a solid CX team, working through deep and well structured processes.
You’ll be part of a cross functional team at an exciting time to come on board. As well as redefining how the web and mobile app can go through a big leap in their evolution to provide the best products, services and rewards to their customers, you’ll also be helping to build out a brand new design system to go with it. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact on how people access and enjoy their service across the UK.
The company itself has got to be one of the most well known within their sector and on top of a great team, not to mention brilliant Head of UX to report to, they also offer some notable benefits including bonuses, flexible working (in ‘normal’ non/post Covid times), pension etc – typical of what you’d expect from a big organisation but also one that has paid attention to the culture beyond just having a beer fridge and a ping pong table!
Their office is based in London but they don’t expect anyone to work from there until it’s safe – but the plan will eventually be for employees to return, albeit on a flexible basis – please bare in mind if you’re not currently living in London. Sponsorship is not being offered currently either.
Some core responsibilities:
- Lead design of a brand new design language for the app, taking the best aspects of the existing language to a new level by creating modern, slick and clean design components and interactions.
- Work closely with customers to ensure that all visual language elements are appealing and intuitive – by the end of year one you will have evolved a visual language that has been entirely built on customer sentiment and feedback.
- Establish a robust delivery process with fellow Designers and Developers, ensuring contribution to the DS and documentation of the DS is accessible and seamless.
- Collaborate closely with the brand and DS teams, gaining buy in as well as informing and inspiring them to deliver the bran new system.
- Collaborate closely with UX Designers and Developers in the Core team, bringing early prototypes to life with new visual designs off the back of the brand new system.
- Supporting the wider design team as they endeavour to level up the overall experience of the web and mobile product portfolio.
- Demostrable expertise in building out entire design systems.
- Experience working in cross functional environments, collaborating closely with Research, UX, Design, PM’s and Developers.
- Ability to bring concepts to life through clickable prototypes using Axure, Figma, InVision, Sketch or equivalent tool.
- Some interaction design skills.
Sound like something that interests you? Click APPLY to find out more.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.