An independent customer experience studio is looking to bring in a PHP Developer to join their development team, which currently numbers 6.
Based in Fitzrovia they’ve got 50 people in their office, who work with a broad range of clients. These range from large corporates to small start-ups.
They’re looking for someone who has an expert knowledge of PHP, ideally with frameworks such as Symfony. They work in an agile environment, so it is important that you recognise the benefits of this. Any prior experience with Java and Spring would be a huge bonus. Expertise with development methodologies such as TDD, DDD and BDD would be helpful as well.
In terms of you as an individual, they want someone who has:
- A desire to succeed and a will to be excellent at everything they do
- Passion to learn and be part of a team
- Willingness to try and to not be afraid of failure when taken out of your comfort zone
- Database design skills with the ability to drop to low-level SQL (and know what you’re doing there)
- Experience with unit testing, version control, continuous integration and code reviews
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Experience in developing web services and associated REST/SOAP APIs
- Ability working with multinational/multilingual e-commerce sites
In return for the above they’re offering a salary of up to £60K (though they would go higher if the ideal person came along), as well as a fantastic range of benefits. They really focus on making their employees happy, so allow you to buy holiday, offer flexitime, a season ticket loan, remote working options and a free lunch every Friday, on top of free breakfast every day!
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.