Our client is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first vertically integrated florist software company.
Since launching in 2016 they’ve been voted one of the top UK 100 startups two years in a row, as well as having created long lasting relationships with florists across all of the UK and New York.
They’re looking to give florists the tools to create and deliver bouquets to their communities. You’d be working on developing a tool that provides inventory management, a wholesale shop and even website builders and POS systems. It is the first vertically integrated SaaS for this area of the market, so lots for you to get stuck into!
You will be:
- Collaborate with the multi disciplinary team to deliver innovative products
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain responsive web solutions
- Work closely with the designers to ensure the finest user experience, with close attention to every detail
- Build and maintain scalable applications
- Ensure best practices, standards and tooling are used
- Be in an environment that encourages learning new technologies and supports your career progression
- Use the feedback of other team members to progress as an engineer. Transparency and mutual support are key to the success of any engineering team, we review and discuss code openly. Approaching technical challenges as a group, always striving to help each other develop and learn from one another’s mistakes
Ideally, you’ll have the following experience:
- You are adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You are passionate about quality of code and quality of user experience
- You have at least 3 years professional experience (this experience level is a guide, all they care about is your skills and drive)
- You have built a web application using React and enjoy using modern web technologies
- You’ve got previous experience in working in Node.
- Ideally you’ve worked on an AWS platform.
- You enjoy discussing technical problems as a team and collaborating on a solution
- You believe you have good communication skills, with which you can explain technical issues to team members of all technical levels
These guys are very early on in the development of their product so there is a real opportunity for you to have input into how things are developed. They’re offering a salary of up to £85K (though have said they’ll go higher for the ideal person) as well as share options. They’ve got a great office and you’ll be joining a hungry, innovative team. You’ll also get a MacBook Pro and they’ve got lots of ideas for more perks in the future.
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.