This department is going through some big changes, designing a suite of services and products to support this, transforming the experience of staff and citizens in the long-term. Remote for now but in future there will be travel to Sheffield.
As the Senior Interaction Designer, you’ll be designing accessible and impactful digital services for staff and citizens. You must be experienced and excited by the challenge of digital public services and work across various channels, helping to lead the direction of new design standards.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a delivery focused, agile environment. Being part of advancing their approach, growing culture and coaching junior team members.
Skills and Experience:
- Prior government experience
- Strong grounding in user-centred design and how to apply this to agile delivery
- Experience interpreting complex user needs and business objectives
- Confident creating high-quality experience maps and wireframes, alongside paper and digital prototyping and using tools such as InVision, Sketch or Figma
- Experience building and maintaining interaction pattern libraries
- Bonus skills include prototyping in code, experience designing for accessibility and inclusion and highly technical environments
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.