Are you a heavy hitting Front End Developer who has experience in React and GraphQL?
Have you worked with GraphQL commercially and would like to be responsible for implementing this at a leading tech organisation using your knowledge of the positives and negatives of this process?
Can you sell the benefits of GraphQL to other leaders in the business and work with them to make the implementation process as easy as possible?
Well........if you answered yes to the above questions I have the perfect opportunity for you!
About the client:
You will be joining an organisation founded by an ex Google designer which means design is at the forefront of everything they do.
They have built a web based software (also runs across mobile) which has a wide range of complex journeys and features yet maintains a clean and beautiful aesthetic.
They already serve tens of thousands of users, processing millions of dollars in payments, working with global brands, and this is only the beginning! They now need help with their front-end application engineering and architecture as they look to improve the existing offerings and create new experiences and tools for the users – this means cranking up the current features along with increasing efficiency, which they want to do using GraphQL.
What are they looking to improve?
- the performance of the user experience – on both the UI and the browser
- mobile experience
- testing pyramid – they have continuous delivery to production so like to know that with that they have enough safety checks to ensure that they can celebrate their releases
- the technology they use – this is particularly where you will come in. GraphQL is a direction that they are currently exploring, but if you think there could be a better solution they would be happy to hear. Its all about using your experience to help them progress in the right direction.
What skills will you have?
- strong commercial experience in GraphQL – ideally having been part of the process of implementing this
- strong experience in FE engineering and architecture – on greenfield and existing software
- an understanding and appreciation of the work of our API engineers to create a deployment and developer experience that works for everyone
- experience or a desire to coach the FE engineering teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with people ranging from the CTO to our product team
- an understanding of how FE applications can be deployed in a CI and cloud-based environment
- mentoring and upskilling other engineers in the team
What’s on offer?
- relaxed working environment – communal lunches, drinks and snacks provided
- an open and supportive engineering culture – all views are considered, all team members have opportunities to have their voices heard
- opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week once the project is kicked off properly
Daily rate is flexible based on experience – £475 – £525 per day
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes parents, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day for work.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to be part of life at Zebra People. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.